Thank you Our Greatest Desire for nominating us for the Real Neat Blog Award!!
This past week has been humbling, as my writing has been noticed in special ways by people experiencing similar struggles to ours.
I love what goes along with this award because it is a break away from all the intensity and seriousness that we sometimes associate with our infertility! This post will be just for fun & getting to know us in a different way, that is a non-IVF or RPL kinda way…
Rules for “The Real Neat Blog Award”:
- Put the Award Logo in your post.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like and link to their blogs.
- Ask them 7 questions.
- Let them know you’ve nominated them with a comment.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers (your questions are at the bottom):
Meet the Hopefuls
Steps to Parenthood
Sweeping Up the Broken Pieces
Now for the questions I had to answer:
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
Definitely a bird. Not because I love birds; only because I love their ability to fly. Humans consider flying a “super power” for a reason. I think it would be amazing to easily travel the world whenever I like, without depending on some form of transportation other than myself.
2. If you could only visit one National Park, which one would you choose and why?
This question brought to my attention how I desperately need to tighten up my knowledge of National Parks. The only one I can even come up with is Yellowstone! And I can’t even tell you if I’d in all honesty want to go here. I am pretty sure this is where Yogi and Boo-boo reside isn’t it?? They seem like pretty fun guys! On the other hand, I think Yellowstone might also be the place that people talk about one day exploding or something insane?? Who knows. Next question!!
3. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Okay, so I would go with Abraham Lincoln! Kinda weird, right? I know. But the guy is intriguing, even for a non-history buff. I would choose Honest Abe because not only was he the 16th President, but because he put others before himself throughout his life. If he hadn’t been our President & McKinley would have gotten in, we would most likely be living in two different countries in the present day USA. Lincoln fought to keep the Union together, he fought for those underprivileged, and I think it says a lot about his character. Plus, he looks like a cool guy with the top hat and beard.
4. What is your favorite movie for each decade of your life?
1980’s-No surprise the 80’s delivered as it did….It would be ridiculous to even have to pick from these 3 movies-The Land Before Time (1986), The Little Mermaid (1989), & Fievel: An American Tale (1986), so I’m not!
1990’s-Another great decade. Can’t choose between Home Alone (1990) and Titanic (1997)
2000’s-The Notebook (2004) takes it
2010’s-Too soon to say…
5. If you could only listen to one band/Singer for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Throwback Mariah Carey. Easy one.
6. If you could only eat one food for the rest of you life, what would it be?
This is a tough one for me! People who know me know I am a total foodie. Whenever I have to fill in something to describe myself, or a skill I have, I wonder if it’s OK to put down “food connoisseur,” or if people will just burst out in complete laughter? I really enjoy a wide variety of foods (not picky in the least sense), but if I had to choose just 1 it would have to be spaghetti, simply due to my Italian heritage.
7. How did you meet your Significant Other?
(Taken from Our Story part 1) I will never forget the day we formally met. It was October of my senior year. As I went to lunch, I sat at my usual table with my usual friends. We attended a fairly small high school and most people knew each other. All of a sudden, my friend pointed out this unfamiliar guy, stating he was “pretty hot.” I took a look, and was surprised I never noticed him before! Who was this Casanova? LOL. Next thing I knew, I was being introduced to him by his friend, that little did I know, in 7 years would be a future groomsmen in our wedding. He asked me out that night to Subway (gotta love high school budgets) and though it sounds so cliche, soon after that we were in love and the rest was history
Okay, now here are your questions:
1. What are your top 3 favorite books and why?
2. What is your best childhood memory?
3. What do you feel most proud of?
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
5. If you could only keep 3 of your possessions, what would they be and why?
6. What are you most afraid of?
7. If you won the lotto, what would you do with the money?
Looking forward to getting to know you ladies better!