I used to love that song by Natalie Merchant back in the 90’s. As the days pass before me so quickly, I see they are the ones I will remember most. I have waited so long for these days, and truth is, I may never experience them again with another child. And even if I do, I will never experience them with this child of mine again.
We had our 2 month checkup this week. Baby is in the 50th percentile for head circumference, weight, and height. He nows weighs 12 and 1/2 lbs. and is 23 inches short. This means he has increased his length 2 inches since birth, and his weight by almost 5 lbs. It is bittersweet to pack away all of the clothes he has outgrown and realize that soon he will be in size 2 diapers and all his infant inserts will be no longer. Yet, on the other hand, I am so excited for his bright future.
Things to remember-
- LO loves to lay on his changing table and stare at the banner above it that I made for him
- He smiles back at me now when I smile at him
- He tracks people as they move across the room
- Baby is in love with fans and lights of any sort, also music
- He has found his fist and enjoys sucking on it
- The boppy pillow is his favorite to nap on throughout the days
- He is making lots more noises than ever before
- Baby sweats a lot just like his dad does
- He doesnt seem to enjoy his carseat so much anymore, instead he would rather stretch out his arms and legs very wide
The ped said he is on track for development, which is great. We wont go back until he is 4 months old unless something comes up before then. I am sure I am biased, but he seems so smart and of course is so handsome already!
In other news, Im happy to report that we are latching better, and mom has figured out a way to help control the fast let downs so baby boy doesnt choke so much. At night, we have done away with the night light and seem to be sleeping better. In fact, we had our first 4 hr stretch in over a month! Woo hoo!
I know there is more I wanted to record, but there isnt any time for it now. Until next time~