I figured it would be nice to record what a typical day looks like at home with our newborn son. I am documenting things in his baby book as well. So what does a “normal” day in our life look like?
- Get up with daddy about 6 am so he can spend time with baby before he leaves for work (mom usually sleeps through this feed & diaper change bc daddy is so great!)
- Get up with mommy about 8 am and get a diaper change. Then nurse as mommy drinks the coffee daddy made for her with the amazing Ninja machine
- Go in the mamaRoo for a swing as mommy tries to eat breakfast, tend to the dogs, wash bottles, wash & fold laundry, etc.
- Nurse again! Get on my playmat for awhile & play with mommy, do some bicycle kicks & get tummy rubs
- Naptime (sometimes) while mommy eats lunch, and Nanna visits
- Outside time enjoying the fresh air on our porch, usually with bottle of formula so boobs get a little break lol
- Mommy reads books aloud that play music or talk in the nursery
- Daddy comes home & mommy gets to shower (sometimes even nap since it never happens during the day) and have an adult beverage. Daddy feeds me a bottle.
- Tummy time & bath take place! Still hating the sponge baths.
- Bedtime-baby boy loves to be swaddled up and wear mittens to sleep after he nurses.
- Up every 2 hrs to eat and get changed with mommy
All of this easily changes depending on baby boys mood. For example, if he is constipated or gassy, add in a few hours of crying as an activity! Even when that happens, I try to do all of the above at some point during our day together. Hoping to add in daily stroller walks now since it has been a month since my c-section and the weather is so nice. What else do you mommies do during the days with your babes?
So blessed to have the opportunity to do all the things I always dreamed of with my miracle!