Thought I’d share some things that have helped hubby & I survive the first few weeks home with our rainbow!
- As I said in a previous post, the mamaRoo. Our boy loves his swing, especially when he is fussy! Splurge and get it.
- Aiden & Anais blankets-these muslin blankets are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Since they are soooo lightweight, there is great peace of mind when using them. Excellent for swaddling.
- Wipe warmer-some people told me this would be a waste of money. Not. I actually went out and bought one after week 1 because of the bloody murder screams when that cold wipe hit the butt in the middle of the night. Well worth the $ for us.
- Pacifiers-dont judge. Isaac doesnt discriminate against nipples, and I am good with that. He loves a paci to self soothe. Avent brand is his fav.
- Medela Double Electric Breast Pump-need I say more???
- Portable Myla the Monkey Sound Machine-oh how our boy loves nature and white noise sounds! Really helpful in the middle of the night when trying to get him back to sleep.
- Bamboobies Organic Nipple Balm-I started out with Lanisoh Lanolin and it was so sticky. I switched over and fell in love right away. The balm immediately soothes the nipps and its not sticky.
- Babyganics Foaming Bottle & Dish soap-even though we bought a sterilizer, I find myself handwashing all bottles and such. This soap is totally plant based and safe. Lifesaver.
- Dr. Browns bottles-Isaac spits up and has gas and hiccups. These vented bottles work way better for us than Tippee, Playtex, or Avent.
- Pampers Swaddlers-LOVE the yellow line that turns blue once little one goes potty. Its all about the line. How do these other brands not have it?!? Got to be a patent issue. We tried Babyganics, Seventh Gen, Huggies, and Honest Co. as well.
- Huggies Wipes-thickest wipe around. Beats Pampers, Water wipes, Parents Choice, etc. You can get these at Sam’s Club in bulk! Win.
- Ubbi Diaper Pail-not a waste, dont listen to what they tell you. This pail is steel coated (you cannot smell the poop) and takes regular kitchen 13 gal bags. It holds a GOOD amount of diapers. If the pail wasnt so expensive, we would get another one for our bedroom.
- Snuggle Nest-baby boy loves to lounge in this when we sit on the couch or lay in bed and chill with him. It gives him his own safe space, is portable, foldable, light, and easy to clean. A must. Note-if you have a small dog, they might mistake it for a dog bed! Lol.
- Nursing nightgown-I live in this thing. So comfy and easy to feed baby in. Buy a few, I need more.
- Ninja Coffee Bar-totally not a baby product! But a treat for the new parent for sure. We drink DD iced coffee on the regular and the cost adds up. Also, I knew with a newborn there would be no more easy morning runs to get it. This machine makes DD iced coffee in less than 5 min and I kid you not, it tastes exactly the same as the drive thru. Thanks, Mom!
Okay, I think that just about does it, but before I go, here are a few sneak peeks of our newborn photo session. So adorable, So blessed.