FET 3 Protocol

Let me start out by saying that I had my final, 3rd injection of the Lupron in my behind yesterday…hooray! I am so glad I have reached this milestone. I am also so thankful to God that my side effects have been very minimal, which was a huge fear of mine going into it. He has 100% answered our prayers with this.

After my injection, I sat down with our list of questions with my RE. She pulled up the scan I had last month when I was bleeding and compared it with the scan I had that showed my mass a few months prior to the Lupron treatment. Good news-the mass wasnt showing on the scan from last month. Of course we cant be sure it is completely gone until my Hysteroscopy in a few short weeks, but its a great sign so far. If its not gone, its at least shrunk! Another answered prayer. 

We discussed immune therapy with intralipids and IVIG, the differences between them, my antiphosphilid results, the studies, etc. Based on my panels and our discussions, and although they offer them at one our of their clinics, I wont be doing these treatments at this time. I feel good about this decision.

Next up was the Crinone v. PIO talk. Ive always been on Crinone for my transfers (fresh & frozen) whereas the recommended protocol for most FETs is PIO. My progesterone levels have always been great, even when we experienced losses. I pretty much refused them in fear of hitting a sciatic nerve or something, (I know not likely) but I have chronic, horrible spinal issues to begin with, and couldnt stand the thought of any additional back pain. My RE was always OK with our decision because of my reasoning. However, I am now ready to go all in and give myself those ugly intramuscular ass shots everyday for 12 weeks (I hope!!) at this point instead of using the Crinone gel. I dont want to look back and feel there was ANYTHING more I could have done. This means no more vivelle either, DEL it is. I know so many of you ladies do it, and I can do it too. I just had to be ready and I am.  I know its not that bad and Ill be just fine!

We are still undecided on the Lovenox, or blood thinner this time around. We talked about it and it could go either way. I am pretty sure this will be a last minute, go with your gut decision. I have plenty leftover from our last FET.

We moved conversation on to the Zika virus. Ugh. My RE showed me some things recently released by the CDC. Although no mosquitos with it have been found here in Florida yet, it is predicted they will be here by the spring due to our climate (right when we transfer!). There isnt much we can do, other than wear bug protectant, stay indoors at night, away from water, and wear condoms when we have intercourse. If hubby got bit, he could easily give it to me. You can get bit and be asymptomatic too. No immunizations will be available for a long time it seems, as I asked because I seriously considered waiting it out to transfer. 

I live next to two empty lots and have some water behind my house. We usually get eaten alive during the summer months.  Its horrible. Needless to say, I think Ill be investing in a HazMat suit soon to be safe. Doubt that, but I have already started reading into Essential Oil mosquito repellent blends I can apply and such. I wont be using and inhaling a chemical based product everyday when pregnant thats for sure. We arent sure about our Bahamas cruise either now with this crap. Going to play this one by ear and see how things play out over the next few months with the virus. Trying not to stress about it, just be proactive. Not like we can control nature. 

On my way out I saw my very pregnant nurse. You might recall me posting about this a few weeks back and how incredibly tough it was. This time when I saw her, I hugged her and told her congratulations. I didnt plan to do it, it just happened that way. I think I just needed time to process it all. God made it really easy for me to be happy and at peace when I saw her this time. Again, an answered prayer! 

Anyways, I called WIN fertility for a bundled FET price quote, got all my presciptions handed to me for upcoming bloodworks, and so forth. The most exciting part of the day was setting up my calendar and transfer date! It made it all feel so real again. We will be transferring almost 2 years ago to the day of our first transfer.  I am ready and praying for all good things. Really, just praying its His timing now, because if its not, I know it wont happen. 

16 thoughts on “FET 3 Protocol

  1. This all sounds great! It sounds like everything is headed in the right direction. I’m really excited for you. Also, I am totally jealous that you live in Florida! I lived there for two years and have been dreaming of moving back ever since.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Great stuff! FYI, I feared intramuscular shots too, but honestly, they’re not that bad, and a hell of a lot less annoying, mess-wise. I’m definitely in the camp of, if it’s God’s will then it’ll happen. Good luck to you!

    Liked by 1 person

  3. So glad that everything went as well as possible and that you have everything rolling for your FET. I have done the PIO shots (and 3 endometrin a day) for the last two pregnancies including my most recent one that was successful in bringing home a baby and while they are no fun they are so worth it. The peace of mind it gave me with knowing I was doing everything in my power to help baby get here safely was well worth the pain.

    The Zika thing scares the crap out of me too but with everything you have already overcome I feel like you should and will be just fine : )

    Liked by 1 person

    • Thank u for sharing your experience with PIO. I need to hear all the good I can about it! Lol. I am just at the point where I want no what ifs at all. Plus, I dont have to deal with any of that yucky goo down you know where! Lol.


  4. I love this update! It’s so full of hope and happiness. It sounds like you really have your ducks lined up in a row and are gearing up physically and mentally. May your prayers continue to be answered and this should be the right time for a successful transfer and healthy pregnancy.

    Liked by 1 person

  5. maybe i missed this but did you have your fibroids removed before starting your next round of IVF? i have a couple and am doing IVF and can’t decide if i should remove them before my implantation date. the doctor doesn’t seem to concerned but i’ve heard horror stories online! thanks!

    Liked by 1 person

    • I had my mass, which they originally believe to be a fibroid but have discovered is truly an Adenomyoma, operated on after miscarrying with it in. The operation was not able to successfully remove all of the cells in the mass so it grew back in about 3 months 😳 I am just finishing treating it with Lupron, which is an alternative to surgery you could look into. Its used for fibroids too. It is supposed to shrink the size of them (not sure of how large or where yours are located). I believe a lot of REs are concerned with them if they are in certain locations…Best of luck on what u decide!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s