Over the years I have come across plenty of TTC tales. Just as there are Old Wives Tales when it comes to predicting the gender of a baby, there are ones out there on how to up the chances of getting pregnant too.
Unlike the momma-to-be having acne, or baby having a certain heartrate, the tales regarding how to get pregnant seem to revolve mostly around nutrition.
I should probably have prefaced this post by saying I am *not* superstitious in the least. I am, however, all about reaping the benefits of eating healthy foods. In my opinion, food is the best medicine out there. So I cant deny that these tales are a little intriguing to me.
Here are a few TTC tales that stick out-
- Upping your Bromelian intake, or eating pineapples 🍍🍍🍍 – starting on transfer day, or ovulation day, for about a week, eat a slice of pineapple a day, making sure to keep the core attached to what you eat. I have eaten pineapple on transfer day for a few transfers now. I dont think I continued it past transfer though, not 100% sure. Supposedly eating this fruit helps with implantation. Read more about this tale here
- Boosting Selenium, or eating (Brazilian) nuts 🌰🌰🌰-never tried this one, although I have heard about it from a lot of you ladies. Again, some suggest it assists with embryo implantation. Read more here
- Pom Juice for a healthy uterine lining and increased blood flow-again, never tried this tale. I did try Raspberry Red Leaf Tea for this particular reason during one cycle. It did happen to be the cycle my lining thickened quite a bit, not sure if it played a part in it or not. Poms and other fertility friendly food reading
- Keeping your feet warm, or body warm-my nana always taught me this was a smart move since I was a kid, and I have gone on to hear about the health benefits of it in general over the years. I just recently saw it as a TTC tip. More on this here
So my questions for you ladies are…
- Did you try any of these during your cycle? If so, which ones?
- Are there any other tales you think are worth while?
- Did you achieve success or failure using any of these?
- If you havent tried any of these yet, do you plan to try any in the future?
I have no idea if I will pursue any of these tales during our future FET or not. I do know I will continue to keep it healthy though which I believe is most important!