Now that it has been a full month on the Lupron, I figure I can accurately assess my side effects. They say that the first month is actually the worst (see below).
- Crazy dreams/nightmares-on the regular. They are usually violent (people attacking me, never me attacking anyone, so dont be scared friends! Lol) and even when I wake up from them to go pee or make myself realize its not real, I fall back asleep and they continue on again. Getting up is only like a pause button, weird! Last night, I kept getting scissors shoved into my back...c.r.e.e.p.y.
- Hot flashes-I notice I dont wear my cardigans as often as I used to. These were my go-to pieces of clothing, even during the hotter months of the year. Now its cooled down considerably, and I dont seem to feel the drop much at all. Wearing cardigans/sweaters is a struggle! I wore one yesterday to work and was agitated by the end of the day. In fact, I had my sleeves rolled up & my hair pulled back. I am usually ‘that cold person’ that everyone knows…not so much anymore.
- Weight gain-see my post yesterday on this one.
- Nausea/stomach issues-not that frequent, it comes randomly in waves.
- Moodiness-I broke down last night. Im kind of embarrassed now even thinking about how upset I was. Long story short, two nights ago my hubby came in the room before bed and said there was a lizard on the porch acting all weird, like he was having a seizure or something. Keep in mind that I like lizards & catch & release them anytime they actually come into the house (they are all over our porch). Hubby said he thought maybe the lizard was just cold so he put down a towel for him to lay under. I didnt buy the cold story but whatever, I went to bed and figured he would be OK by morning. I didnt notice the lizard again by the towel until 24 hours later the next night (last night). And there he was…flopping and rolling all around, mouth wide open, cleary in a lot of pain. I was horrified. I woke hubby and told him he had to put him out of his misery. I was balling and he looked at me like I was batty. He did take care of it, but I kept questioning why God would have let that poor little guy suffer like that for almost 30 hours. I know, sounds ridiculous. But its the truth! I was so mad and upset about it. So, as you can see, I can get emotional pretty quickly.
- Forgetfullness-this is actually improving a little I think (haha!) but the first few weeks were rough, mainly at work. Not that I forgot anything major, but the things that I usually didnt need a reminder list for before, I do now.
- Fatigue-I have a hard time getting up and getting ready in the morning. I used to get in to work at least an hour early, now its more like 30 minutes early or less. Once I get going I am fine energy wise, its just the initial start up.
Side effects that I do not have & was worried about-
- Anxiety (hooray!)
Supposedly, this will be the last month I have my menstrual cycle for awhile. It was super light this month (like the regular Lupron period is), but by next month it will be completely gone I have been told. We will see about that, I have *never* skipped a period unless I was pregnant in the 24 years I have had it. Guess its a side effect though.