So the plan was to start Lupron injection #1 yesterday immediately following our Ohio trip. You probably remember that we had decided to wait until after our trip to begin to minimize any side effects while away. For anyone new following along, I will be taking the Lupron Depot for 3 months in hopes of shrinking the mass in my uterus that is thought to have *possibly* caused our last pregnancy loss.
Anywhooo, I did not start the Lupron as originally planned. I am currently on CD 17, a.k.a. in the ovulation phase of my cycle. Lupron can be highly damaging during pregnancy, in fact, in the past my hubby and I have had to sign waivers about it at our clinic. Im sure some fellow IVFers can relate to this.
Since I ovulated just this past week, there is no possible way to know if I am pregnant right now. I know, I know…Fat chance of this. BUT miracles happen and it cant be risked. Crazier things have happened.
So, long story short, if our vacation baby dancing didnt work, I will be starting the Lupron around the week of the 15th this month. This delay pushes back my Lupron end date a little too (end of March), but I am OK with it. I dont mind putting off feeling like crap a few more weeks or so and enjoying the holidays as much as possible!