Here is my Negative Nelly (PMS) post for the day…the top 10 reasons why Halloween sucked this year-
- We didn’t have our babies here to put those cute “My First Halloween” shirts on, as we were supposed to. These types of photos continually flooded my FB feed all day and night.
- We didn’t have a kid to dress up and take trick or treating, and subsequently argue with about much candy they were allowed to eat.
- We have no kids that trick or treat in our neighboorhood-literally we do not get even 1 knock on our door, and its not like we live in the boon docks or something. Weird.
- It was 88 degrees. Seriously? Who wants a heat wave on Halloween?
- I went to Publix to grocery shop. I got in line at the deli. The guy who waited on me wanted to make small talk and I really wasnt in the mood. Long story short, he asked me if I had any kids. When I told him I didnt, he had the NERVE to ask my why not. You have got to be kidding me! I cant even go to the grocery store without encountering a person who has no regard of how to mind their own business. Its one thing to ask me if I have kids, but to go on to pry as to why I dont, when we are complete strangers and not only that, we are at your place of work, totally boggles my mind. You might be wondering how I answered. I’m surprised I didnt tell him off; instead I pulled my teacher card excuse out and stated, “oh I am around 20 of them everyday.” He left me alone. I should have reported his ass.
- My husband was on call for the holiday. I hate holidays without him.
- I woke up with a pounding headache and scratchy throat. Hope I’m not getting sick.
- I had to work pretty much all day on the virtual course I teach at the college.
- No pumpkins were carved this Halloween.
- Lastly, I miss my dog, Nacho. We used to dress him up for Halloween often. I looked through some old pictures of his costumes and it must have set me off. I balled my eyes out to the point of choking and trying to catch my breath as I tightly squeezed my other half. I still blame myself for a lot of how my almost 17 year old baby spent his last days, and unfortunately I rehashed it yesterday. About once every 3 months since he has been gone I do this. Hard to believe he had been gone for 16 months now.
Okay, my rant is over now…And so is Halloween, thank God! I have never been a fan of it, but something about this year made it much more noticable than usual.
Anyways, I am so ready for my 2 favorite holidays, what I like to call the real holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas. See ya later, October! Welcome November!