We are currently trying to make a few decisions about when I should begin the Lupron. After getting all the insurance approvals, the pharmacy finally called this week and it should be delivered to me sometime next week.
Basically, we have to decide if we should-
- Start the Lupron mid-November. This would mean I would finish it mid-February, and transfer in mid-March.
- Start the Lupron in early December, finish it in early March, and transfer in early April.
- Wait until the new year to start it, finish it in early April, and transfer early May.
Now keep in mind all of these scenarios would mean the mass was proven to be shrunk via Hysteroscopy and conditions were right for transfer.
Here is the dilemma, or dilemmas should I say with each option above-
- If we start the Lupron mid-November it will mean a few things. One, I will be on it when we go on vacation for Thanksgiving, which means I will very likely be experiencing the brunt of the side effects then. I was really hoping to just relax on our trip. Also, with this start date comes a mid-March transfer. The positive to that is that it would be around my spring break since I am a teacher. But here comes the negative…our state testing is in early April this year. So, if we became pregnant mid-March, I would be only about 7 weeks along come state testing. During testing, we have to walk around our rooms non stop for 90 minutes a day and the stress levels are high. I encountered our first miscarriage during state testing back in April 2014. It would be almost exactly 2 years ago this happened, can we say Deja Vu?
- With option 2, not starting the Lupron until December, I could enjoy our Thanksgiving trip unmedicated. The problem with this would be that transfer will likely fall early April and in that case, it could land right upon our testing days. There is no way to tell now if it would exactly but by my calculations, there is a high probability. This being said, I would have to miss administering the tests.
- Option 3, waiting until the new year to start to begin the meds. I really dont want to wait that long to start, because logically speaking it is giving the mass more time to grow. This is a big deal to us. But on the other hand, a May transfer is nice as a teacher. God forbid something go wrong, summer is almost here. And this year we actually get out of school in May.
I guess it boils down to whether or not I want to be medicated on our trip, and whether or not I am going to let my job control my decision.
Ideally, work aside, I would like to go with the middle choice I think (start meds after the trip in early December, transfer early April). Anyone have some thoughts on this? Thanks!