Well, H/S # 4 is Monday morning. After loss #3 back in February, we decided that we would do another H/S before ever transferring again, so it makes sense that we have one right now.
H/S #3 in June, just 3 months ago, came back all clear after my operation, and thus, we didn’t think another H/S would really be needed this quickly. We originally thought that having H/S #4 would be more for peace of mind and reassurance that all was still looking good before transferring again. Wrong. As you know, images from my HSG in late July and my ultrasounds in early August showed “something” irregular lurking around in my uterus. So, here we are, actually needing the H/S again this soon after the last.
Our October FET is completely riding on the results of this H/S. If there is “something” small, like a polyp, that can easily be removed while I am in a twilight, she will remove it, and we will move forward with our upcoming transfer. Or better yet, there will be nothing at all showing and we will go forward. However, if there is “something” large found again, like the mass back in March, she will not be able to remove it on the spot, and our October transfer will not be taking place. I have no idea what will end up happening if the latter occurs– I don’t know if I am ready to go through another operation like the last one. I am trying not to put too much thought into that for now, but realistically I know it could go either way tomorrow…50/50 chance.
We have learned that patience is necessary throughout all of this. My husband and I have been together over 15 years now, and married for over 8. We have been trying to have a baby for over 7, and we have been wrapped up in IUI and IVF cycles for 3 years now. God is good and only He knows when the timing is right. It might be next month, but it might not be. All we can do today is pray for His blessings and protection to surround us….we would love if you could do the same for us! Thank you so much.