Some words to describe how I feel about where we are currently at in our journey. Let’s start out with the negative, and end on a good note with the positive.
Negative: Impatient. Annoyed. Frustrated. Bitter. Angry. Doubtful. Sad.
- Impatient because we have been trying to expand our family for many, many years now and still haven’t.
- Annoyed because we have spent thousands of dollars on IVF, only for me to miscarry every single time.
- Frustrated because no one can confidently explain what is causing this to happen.
- Bitter because on the surface, conceiving and carrying to term seems easier for others.
- Angry because we have dedicated so much of our time & effort to this process; I have even put my career on hold.
- Doubtful I am even supposed to be a mom anymore.
- Sad for what has been lost.
Positive: Helpful. Empathetic. Loved. Blessed. Changed. Hopeful.
- Helpful because our story is showing others in similar situations that they are not alone.
- Empathetic towards people experiencing struggles, as we know how easy it is to look okay on the outside, but be hurting badly on the inside.
- Loved by everyone surrounding us. Family, friends, & even acquaintances have shown us true compassion.
- Blessed to have known our babies for the short time that we did.
- Changed; no doubt our angels have changed us for the better.
- Hopeful for what the future holds.